What is a Weld Neck Flanges?
A weld neck flange is a type of flange. There are two designs. The regular type is used with pipes. The long type is unsuitable for pipes and is used in process plant. A weld neck flange consists of a circular fitting with a protruding rim around the circumference. Welding neck flanges are easy to recognize at the long tapered hub that goes gradually over to the wall thickness from a pipe or fitting. The long tapered hub provides an important reinforcement for use in several applications involving high pressure, sub-zero and elevated temperatures. A weld neck flange consists of a circular fitting with a protruding rim around the circumference.
Specification of Weld Neck Flanges
||WN Forged Flange
||½” (15 NB) to 48″ (1200NB)
||ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48, BS 4504, EN1092, UNI 2277/2278, DIN, JIS, SABS1123, GOST-12820
||150 LBS, 300 LBS, 600 LBS, 900 LBS, 1500 LBS, 2500 LBS, DIN Standard ND-6,10, 16, 25, 40 Etc.
||DIN2527, DIN2566, DIN2573, DIN2576, DIN2641, DIN2642, DIN2655, DIN2656, DIN2627, DIN2628, DIN2629, DIN 2631, DIN2632, DIN2633, DIN2634, DIN2635, DIN2636,DIN2637, DIN2638, DIN2673
||BS4504 , BS4504, BS1560, BS10
||SORF, WNRF, BLRF, SWRF, LAP Joint, Threaded, Reducing, Spectacle, etc
||As per drawing
||Anti-rust Paint, Oil Black Paint, Yellow Transparent, Zinc Plated, Cold and Hot Dip Galvanized
|Ring Type Joint, Lap-Joint Face, Raised Face, Flat Face, Large Male-Female, Small Male-Female, Large
||Tongue & Groove, Small Tongue & Groove
|Flange Face Type
||Flat Face (FF), Raise Face (RF), Ring Joint (RJT)
||ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47 Series A & B, MSS SP44, ASA, API-605, AWWA, Custom Drawings
||No Fumigate or Fumigate Plywood/Wood Pallet or Case
||Oil Field, Offshore, Water System, Shipbuilding, Natural Gas, Electric Power, Pipe Projects etc.
Grade of Weld Neck Flanges
- Monel Grade: Monel 400, Monel K500, Monel R-405
- Nickel Grade: Nickel 200, Nickel 201
- Inconel Grade: Inconel 600, Inconel 601, Inconel 625, Inconel 718
- Incoloy Grade: Incoloy 800, Inconel 800H, 800HT
- Hastalloy Grade: Hastalloy B2, Hastalloy B3, Hastalloy C22, Hastalloy C276, Hastalloy X
- Titanium Grade: Gr1, Gr2, Gr3, Gr5, Gr7, Gr11
- Stainless Steel Grade: ASTM A182 F202, F304/304L/304H, F316/316L, F316H, F316TI, F310, F321, F904L
- Carbon Steel Grade: ASTM A105/A105N, A350 LF1, LF2 CL1/CL2, LF3 CL1/CL2, A694 F42, F46, F48, F50, F52, F56, F60, F65, F70, A516.60, 65, 70 (Spectacle Blind Flange, Spacer Ring/Spade Flange), Steel RST37.2, C22.8
- Duplex Steel Grade: ASTM / ASME A/SA 182 UNS F44, F45, F51, F53, F55, F60, F61
- Alloy Steel Grade : ASTM A182 F1, F5, F9, F11, F22, F91
Advantages of Weld Neck Flanges
- Suitable for high pressure and high heat applications: Some of the flange materials such as stainless steel are highly resistant to heat. The extreme pressure that is developed in piping applications throughout the industry calls for high-pressure resistance. A welded flange is stronger that a bolt-on flange. The bolt-on flange sometimes calls for a gasket that could cause leaks.
- Reduced friction and interference: The welded connection will not interfere with the flow of the fluid. With the reduced friction, the fluid will not develop turbulence allowing for less vibration and a smoother flow. Less turbulence will also allow for a quieter operation.
- Easier Alignment: The neck of the flange will allow for a more accurate easier alignment to the pipe saving time. The alignment is also much more precise with less tolerance.
- Testing of the pipe and joints are easier: Radiography test can be much easier to perform because of the easy access the flanges allow.
- Durable connection: Stress on the inside is transferred to the neck of the flange taking the pressure off the pipe allowing for a more permanent connection.
- Leakage prevention: In most applications using the weld neck flanges, the weld is made inside and outside of the flange. This will provide a connection that is more leak proof.
- Ease of installation: When using the butt flanges it is easier to determine pipe length applications because the calculations do not have to account for the space taken up by threads on bolt-on applications. Slip-on flanges also require calculation using the insertion amount.
Application of Weld Neck Flanges
- Oil & Gas and Paper
- Sugar and Oil Mills
- Ports and Railway
- Offshore and Defense
- Breweries and Cement
- Refineries and Fertilizers
- Mining and Construction
- Chemical and Petrochemical
- Shipbuilding and Steel Plant
- Power Plant and Nuclear Power
- Engineering Co. & and Government Org
Testing of Weld Neck Flanges
- Macro test
- Micro test
- Chemical test
- Flaring test
- It is like PMI test
- IGC test and hardness test
- Mechanical test and flattening test
Documents We Provide with Weld Neck Flanges
|Documents like QAP
|NABL approved lab test report
|Raw material test report
||Material Traceability report
|Commercial invoice to buyers
||The TC like MTC as per EN 10204/3.1B
||Third-party test report
FAQ’s regarding Weld Neck Flanges
- Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
We are a manufacturer of Weld Neck Flanges in India.
- What are you main products?
We manufacture all kinds of elbow, tees, caps, flanges and steel pipes etc. with different materials.
- Do you provide free samples?
Yes, we would provide sample on your request.
- Why should I choose Asiamet as our source for Weld Neck Flanges?
We offer best quality product at most competitive price in the industry. You are promised to obtain the best quality, price and service.
- How to ensure the quality?
Mill Test Certificate is provided for all material. If needed, we can also allow third party inspection or buyer’s inspection
- How long is your delivery time for Weld Neck Flanges?
Generally it is 5-10 days if the good are in stock. Or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is According to quality
We Export Weld Neck Flanges Across the Globe!
- MIDDLE EAST: Saudi Arabia, Iran, Ira, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Turkey, Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Cyprus
- AFRICA: Nigeria, Algeria, Angola, South Africa, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Equatorial Guinea, the Republic Of Congo, Gabon
- NORTH AMERICA: USA, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Puerto Rica, Trinidad And Tobago, Jamaica, Bahamas, Denmark
- EUROPE:Russia, Norway, Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Ukraine, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Czech Republic, Portugal, Hungary Albania, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia Finland, Ireland Croatia, Slovenia, Malta
- ASIA: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Taiwan, Cambodia
- SOUTH AMERICA: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Uruguay
We Sell Weld Neck Flanges Across All Major Cities and Industrial Centers in India
Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad, Chennai, Bhilai, Kochi, Bhavnagar, Siliguri, Visakhapatnam, Jaipur, Ranchi, Kolkata, Pune, Jaipur, Surat, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Patna, Nagpur, Agra, Indore, Kanpur, Varanasi